Making a Formal Request for Assistance

  • Print

Once you have determined that your issue is eligible for my help, please follow the steps listed below in order for me and my staff to assist you more efficiently.

STEP ONE: Gather necessary paperwork

  1. You must provide my staff with copies of any paperwork you have regarding your case. This might include letters from the agency, and other forms and documents relating to your problem. All information will be treated with confidentiality. Please keep the original documents for your own files. If you need help copying, please contact one of my state offices and they will be happy to duplicate the documents for you.
  2. Write a summary of your case in a brief letter to Senator Barrasso

STEP TWO: Complete a Release of Information Form

Because of the Right to Privacy Act, you will need to complete a Release of Information Form giving permission to my staff and me to contact agencies on your behalf. You can download the form at the bottom of the page. Please print it, sign it, and return it to one of my state offices with all supporting documents. If you can’t print from this Web site, please contact one of my state offices and they will be happy to send you a form.

Privacy Release Form

STEP THREE: Contact My Office

You are always welcome to visit any of my offices to visit with my staff in person. You can also call, email, or mail your information to the office closest to you. My staff will discuss your situation with you and make every reasonable effort to assist you.

If you have more questions, please contact one of my five offices in Wyoming or my office in Washington, DC. I am here to help.